Zimbabwe Run Results
Results of the 18th Annual Run for Zimbabwe Orphans — Sunday, March 26, 2017. A Benefit for Makumbi Children’s Home in Zimbabwe through the Sustainable Living Foundation held at St. Joseph School, 1120 Miramonte Ave. Mountain View.
Run for Zimbabwe Orphans Course Records 2000—2017
KEY TO COURSE RECORDS: (A=Age) SJ= St. Joseph of Mountain View, SS= St. Simon, SA=St. Andrew , SF= St. Francis. NDB= Notre Dame Burlingame
- Preschool 220 yd. Sister Batsirai Makoni African Eagles
- Camille LaMaster, 00.49, A5, 2006
- Micah Robinson, St. Andrews, 00.45, A5, 2013
- Kindergarten 1/2 mile: Lynn Tuite Lion Cubs
- Jennifer Morrison-Wells, St. Nicholas, 3:33, A6, 2016
Micah Tompkins, Cedar Academy, 3:13, A5, 2016
- 1st/2nd Grade mile: Coach Jack Saint Claire Antelopes
- Angelica Chou, Covington, 6:49, A7, 2014
- Gabril Gomez, Forest Hill, 6:47, A8, 2011
- 3rd/4th Grade mile: Cheetahs: J. Peter Clark
- Bethany Chan, Meyerholtz, 6:05, A9, 2015
- Ismail Adam, Granada, 6:06, A9, 2002
- 5th/6th Grade mile: Father Eric Freed Zebras
- Erin Robinson, Terman, 5:58, A10, 2005
- Drew Fenton, Sunnyvale Middle, 5:26, A11, 2015
- 7th/8th Grade mile: Brother John Brown of the Knights of Columbus Leopards
- Emily Minjares, Hoover, 5:35, A13, 2016
Jose Piña, Luther Burbank, 5:11, A14, 2011
Giorgio Liantono, Cupertino Middle, 5:11, A12, 2009
- High School mile: Kate Wakerly Giraffes
- Michelle Gallagher, NDB, 5:36, A15, 2001
- Kela Mavhera, Martin Luther King, 5:36, A14, 2017
- Ben Sitler, 4:47, A17, SF., 2005
- Post High School mile: Kate Wakerly Giraffes
- Niclole Campbell, 5:25, 2009
Phil Pompei, 4:30, 2015
The fastest girls’ team on record: A 5th/6th grade team.
2004 St. Andrew’s of Saratoga. 33:24. Team average: 6:41
Megan Lemmu, 6:25; Kat Constantine, 6:35; Caitlin Mogles, 6:36;
Bennett Jones, 6:45; Caroline Wu, 7:03; (Steph Dvorak 7:15).
The fastest boy’s team on record: A 7th/8th grade team.
2001, Avenal (near Fresno) 29:29. Team average: 5:41
Luis Gonzalez, 5:18; Francisco Nevarro, 5:37; Jose Campos, 5:51;
Jairo Leyva 6:05.
The race hot line number is: 650 941-9206